Virtual reality has taken huge steps in past two years from 3D and augmented reality to virtual reality glasses. Developers like Oculus Rift, Samsung Gear VR, Sony Project Morpheus, HTC Vive, Microsoft Hololens , Google Cardboard bring virtual reality glasses available to consumers at 2015 - 2016.
This project is funded by Finnish National Board of Education. During years 2015 - 2017 four high schools from Muurame, Jyväskylä and Kuopio cities develop and test new virtual reality glasses in learning.
Project main goals:
- Experiences of virtual reality as learning environment.
- Offer 360 video production skills and tools for high school teachers and students
- Share current and future potential of virtual reality developers like Oculus Rift, Sony, Samsung, Google, Valve and Microsoft to all levels of Finnish education system
- Test virtual reality possibilities in high school subjects (history, geography, biology, sports, arts . . .), team learning and entrepreneurship studies.
- Test virtual reality as new tool used marketing schools.
- Organize high school level national virtual reality game event together with students and teachers
- With together our company partners Samsung Finland and Edutukku test Samsung Gear Vr virtual reality learning environment.
- Google Cardboard testing in classroom
We want to build global learning network with schools and companies interested in virtual reality glasses. If interested in collaboration, please contact us in Twitter or this blog comment section.
Teacher and Coordinator @ilotimo
Coordinator and Principal of Muurame high school @apuustin
Company developer, Principal of Kuopio classical high school @sormuju
All tweet about education technology and virtual reality in English
My virtual reality Twitter list
Virtual Reality VR Scoop.it